Make a Gift
The UNC Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (HPDP) brings public health research findings to the daily lives of individuals and their communities with a special focus on North Carolina and populations vulnerable to disease. Our Center is also home to No Kid Hungry NC, which has a special focus on ending childhood hunger in our state.
We’ve partnered with the Office of University Development to allow easy access to a secure donation website. Please click on the HPDP logo to donate to the HPDP Gift Fund, and the No Kid Hungry NC Logo to donate directly to No Kid Hungry NC. No donation is too small – every dollar counts!
The HPDP Gift Fund
Throughout our 30-year history, we have been committed to partnering with numerous communities and agencies across the state and Southeast to identify effective solutions to the most critical health problems such as diabetes, obesity, heart disease, and the opioid epidemic. We work in partnership with community members to find the solutions that work best for their communities, and consider the impact of social issues such as food insecurity, stress, financial resources and other factors that can sometimes prevent healthy changes. We appreciate all donations to assist us in this work. Below are just a few examples of ways we can use your gifts and donations:
- Provide general operating funds for our work. We are entirely grant funded, so unspecified gifts are enormously helpful to our work
- Fund special research initiatives
- Sponsor events across the state to connect researchers with community partners
- Provide support for research team meetings and meetings with project participants
- Support our health promotion work in rural communities
- Fund special projects by the Food for All Partnership – innovative and sustainable approaches to improving healthy food access for all citizens through sustainable agriculture and economic opportunity
- Assist with travel, training, and education for our community partners
- Help HPDP student researchers and research fellows improve their research knowledge and skills.
The No Kid Hungry NC Gift Fund
No Kid Hungry NC has been a statewide initiative of HPDP since 2014. Your gift will support our efforts to feed more kids across North Carolina.
Nutrition is essential for academic success and helps ensure brighter futures. That’s why we are working to connect our state’s almost 900,000 high-need public school students to under-utilized federal nutrition programs such as school breakfast, summer meals, and afterschool meals. In Orange County, No Kid Hungry NC also provides nutrition education through the Cooking Matters for Kids program, as both an extracurricular activity in schools and at summer meals sites.
We also invite you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-966-4118 to share and discuss your specific interests in projects and activities you would like us to support with your donations.
Thank you very much for your support!