The UNC Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention brings public health research findings to the daily lives of individuals and their communities with a special focus on North Carolina and populations vulnerable to disease. Throughout our 30-year history, we have been committed to partnering with numerous communities and agencies across the state to identify effective solutions to the most critical health problems. We also work across the state and nationwide to offer programs and services that promote better health and prevent disease. We appreciate any and all donations to assist us in this work. Below are just a few examples of ways we can use your gifts and donations:
- Recognize our 30th Anniversary as a Prevention Research Center with special programs and initiatives;
- Support No Kid Hungry NC, a statewide initiative of HPDP, that connects more than 800,000 high-need children in North Carolina to under-utilized federal nutrition programs— nutrition that is essential for academic success and helps ensure brighter futures;
- Assist with travel, training, and education for our community partners;
- Help HPDP student researchers and fellows improve their research knowledge and skills;
- Sponsor events to connect researchers with community partners;
- Provide support for research team meetings and meetings with project participants;
- Provide healthy, local, and sustainable food for meetings with community partners;
- Fund special research initiatives.
We also invite you to contact us at email@example.com or 919-966-4118 to share and discuss your specific interests in projects and activities you would like us to support with your donations.
How you can support the Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
Make a gift online:
We’ve teamed up with the Office of University Development to allow easy access to a secure donation website. Please click on the HPDP logo on the left to donate to the HPDP Gift Fund, and the No Kid Hungry NC Logo on the right to donate directly to No Kid Hungry NC.
Mail a check to:
UNC Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
Attn: Emily Hudson, Accounting Technician
1700 MLK Jr. Blvd.
Campus Box 7426
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7426
Please make all checks payable to the UNC Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention. If donating to HPDP, please write HPDP Gift Trust in the check memo line; if donating to No Kid Hungry NC, please write No Kid Hungry NC Gift Trust in the memo line.
For any assistance with making your gift to Carolina, please contact the Office of University Development at 919-537-3818.
Thank you very much for your support!