HPDP’s community engagement services help to build, foster, strengthen and sustain partnerships between researchers and communities. We leverage the extensive expertise of community and academic experts affiliated with HPDP to provide tools, strategies, consultation, training and technical assistance to assist with the development, implementation and evaluation of engaged research projects at any stage from conception to dissemination.
We can provide technical assistance, training and consultation to researchers and their partners in these areas:
- Helping research partnerships launch, strengthen, problem-solve, and identify strategies to move forward through the Charrette community engagement consulting model
- Building community-based participatory research (CBPR) capacity of academic investigators, students and community partners
- Identifying and engaging stakeholders
- Designing, implementing and disseminating research with stakeholders
- Using photovoice as a qualitative methodology to identify concerns and generate solutions with community partners
- Developing tools and formalizing structures to facilitate productive collaboration and equity in research partnerships
Requesting Community Engagement Services
Contact Alexandra Lightfoot, EdD, to discuss your project’s community engagement and/or training needs. Dr. Lightfoot is the director of HPDP’s Community Engagement, Partnerships, and Technical Assistance Core. She has extensive experience collaborating with community and academic partners using CBPR and providing workshops, trainings, and consultations to facilitate community-engaged research.
Alexandra Lightfoot, EdD
Director, Community Engagement, Partnerships, and Technical Assistance Core