2023 HPDP Planning Grants: Request for Applications
HPDP is accepting applications for one-year planning grants of up to $5,000 to help UNC faculty and other researchers conduct pilot projects in health promotion/disease prevention research. Researchers who currently affiliate with the Center as Research Fellows as well as other UNC researchers new to HPDP are encouraged to apply.
HPDP is interested in funding pilot projects that will lead to new applications for extramural research funding. It is expected that HPDP will administer future grant applications resulting from the pilot project, and HPDP will provide comprehensive grants management support for the researcher.
Applications are currently closed and will open again in Spring 2024. Please check back for more details.
- Understanding Early Care and Education Needs in Racially and Ethnically Minoritized Communities: Guilford County Café — Falon Smith, PhD (Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention)
- My Movement – The Importance of Sports Bra Access and Fit on Physical Activity among High School Students in North Carolina — Nailah Adams Morancie, MD, MS, CAQSM (School of Medicine)
Strengthening Cannabis Warnings — Sarah Kowitt PhD, MPH (School of Medicine) and Leah Ranney, PhD, MA (School of Medicine)
- Knowledge, Attitudes, and Experiences of the Menopause Transition Among Midlife Latinas — Yamnia Cortés, PhD, MPH, FNP (School of Nursing)
- “If you Build it, She will Come”: Design and Development of a Culturally Relevant Digital Health Tool to Treat Binge Eating and Obesity in Black Women — Rachel Goode, PhD, MPH, MSW (School of Social Work)
- Pilot Study Assessing Mental Health Symptom Burden and Adoption of Secondary Prevention Measures After Myocardial Infarction — Montika Bush, PhD, MStat (School of Medicine)
2019 (Inaugural Year)
- Addressing Basic Needs Security in UNC Students: A Formative Study — Molly De Marco, PhD, MPH (Gillings School of Global Public Health)